The Aerosmith Opening Act Contest
Due to injuries sustained by Steven Tyler during a fall from the stage in Sturgis, SD, the remainder of the 2009 Aerosmith tour has been canceled (Full story here). As a result, the Aerosmith Opening Act contest has been halted as of today, August 14th, to reflect this as contestants would be unable to receive their proper prize. Contest entry has been ceased but previous entries will still be available on our YouTube channel. up until the scheduled end-of-tour date. Thank you for your continued support.
Rock icons Aerosmith with special guest ZZ Top are gonna wreak rock n’ roll havoc this summer on a massive US tour! And you could be THE OPENING ACT. Time to put your Guitar Hero® skill to the ultimate test. This isn't your living room couch - its the real deal! Two worthy fans will perform playing Guitar Hero®: Aerosmith® on stage as the opening act before the show roars onto the stage– one winner from online and one from radio will be chosen in each city. If that taste of rock stardom weren’t reward enough, the winner from each city also wins two tickets to the show, a Guitar Hero: Aerosmith game pack, and a personal congrats from Steven Tyler and Joe Perry before the show! (For the winner only, not their guest)
Your moment of rock glory will be captured on video and posted to Aeroforceone.com and the Aerosmith YouTube channel – let your friends try to top that!
View Current List of Winners!!
If you think you can rule Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, here’s what you gotta do to become rock lore in your city…
- Create a video of you either playing killer air guitar using the Guitar Hero guitar controller OR shredding a wicked session of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. If you use music in your submission you can only submit using these songs: Make It, Uncle Salty, Draw The Line, No Surprize, Moving Out, Sweet Emotion, Nobody’s Fault, Bright Light Fright, Back in the Saddle, Dream On, Mama Kin, Toys In The Attic, Combination, Let the Music Do the Talking, Mercy, Pandora’s Box, Rats in the Cellar, Shakin My Cage, Talk Talking, Walk This Way.
- Upload your video to YouTube. IMPORTANT! – In order for us to find your entry, YOU MUST TAG YOUR VIDEO as follows – “AerosmithOpeningAct” (one word, no spaces) AND another tag with the city you want to win, ie “Mansfield”. So your two tags would be: “AerosmithOpeningAct”, “Mansfield.” (Use the city name listed under the “Location” column on the Aero Force One tour page. If the city is two words like “St. Paul,” eliminate any punctuation and spaces so the tag reads: “StPaul”)
- Subscribe to Aerosmith’s Official YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/theofficialaerosmith. We’ll update the contest videos there on a weekly basis, so make sure you see your entry posted after a week! If its not there, double check that you tagged it correctly. If you entered everything correctly, email email@example.com with a link to your YouTube video contest entry, the city you hope to win, your first and last name and your email address.
- AF1 will pick a winner for each city! Hint: To get your entry noticed, make sure your vid is crazy, cool, rockin’, funny, creative or insane – within the letter of the law, of course. AF1 will pick the video that displays the best combination of creativity, skill and star power.
- In each city, two (2) Runners Up winners will score a pair of tickets to their city of choice and a Guitar Hero®: Aerosmith® game pack. Runner Up Prizes will include consideration for the videos with the most views, comments, responses and ratings on YouTube.
- Winners will be informed on a rolling basis two weeks before each show.
- Make sure you stay in touch with all the contest news:Make sure you stay in touch with all the contest news...
Sign up for AeroForceOne’s official email newsletter!
Follow AF1 on Twitter to stay up on the leaders!
Subscribe to Aerosmith's YouTube Channel!
GOOD LUCK FRET BURNERS!! MAY YOU BECOME ROCK GODS.
Click here for Official Contest Terms and Conditions.
|Date ||Venue ||City / State ||Winner ||Runner Up |
|6/10/09 ||Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre ||St. Louis, MO ||Warren Wolf || |
|Alpine Valley Music Center |
|East Troy, WI |
|Mark Stenerson |
|Ben Barber |
|6/16/09 ||Comcast Center ||Mansfield, MA ||Heather McNamara ||Bill Green |
|6/21/09 ||Nissan Pavilion ||Bristow, VA ||Chris Rubis || |
|6/24/09 ||Post-Gazette Pavilion ||Pittsburgh, PA ||Kelly Lynn Schuetz ||Joe Caldwell |
|6/26/09 ||Nikon Jones Beach ||Wantagh, NY ||Paul Cataldo ||Bryan Nugent |
|6/28/09 ||Mohegan Sun ||Uncasville, CT ||Taylor Boivin ||Zac Treichel |
|7/1/09 ||Riverbend Music Center (show postponed) ||Cincinnati, OH ||Danielle Muething ||Jonathan Ward |
|7/3/09 ||Hersheypark Stadium (show postponed) ||Hershey, PA ||Matthew Fiedler ||Jeremy Wertz |
|7/5/09 ||Verizon Wireless (show postponed) ||Virginia Beach, VA ||Waide P. Keizer ||Ben Crough |
|7/7/09 ||Time Warner (show postponed) ||Raleigh, NC ||Kyle Dehnel || |
|7/9/09 ||Verizon Wireless (show postponed) ||Charlotte, NC ||Stephanie Jeffcoat || |
|7/11/09 ||Ford Amphitheatre (show postponed) ||Tampa, FL ||Jason Kuntz ||Patricia Cosgrove |
|7/13/09 ||Bank Atlantic Center (show postponed) ||Sunshine, FL ||Garrett Dunne ||Ryan Garcia |
Nicholas A. Hurtado